We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, recruitment and selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Banquet Server/BartenderPOSTING DATE: 13/08/2018
Reports to: Banquet Manager and/or Banquet Captain
Overview of Deer Creek Golf and Banquet Facility: Located at 2700 Audley Road North in Ajax, Ontario – Deer Creek Golf and Banquet Facility is comprised of 45 championship golf holes and a 50,000 square foot banquet facility. Deer Creek is capable of hosting golf tournaments for up to 360 golfers and a variety of special events for a 650 guest sit-down dinner or 1,200 guest’s reception style.
Scope of Job: To provide all guest with professional and enjoyable dining experience, through quality service in the most efficient and timely manner, at all times
Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Always work in an effort to support the Deer Creek Golf Clubs Vision of WOWing our guests at every opportunity and support our Culture of Giving.
- Responsible to check current worksheet posted and proceed to room assigned, reporting to Banquet Captain on duty for direction.
- To collect all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware and serving utensils needed for each event.
- To set tables with place settings as instructed by Banquet Captain.
- Preparing condiments, bread baskets, clean and refill salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
- Assemble for briefing to discuss the flow of the evening and to go over the shift meeting notes and cleaning bursts.
- Service of food/wine, efficiently and professionally conducted according to the Banquet Training Guide.
- Anticipate guest needs, practice clean as you go.
- Unload trays in the designated area, separating glassware, china and silverware.
- Report any customer concerns and / or complaints to Banquet Captain or Manager.Conduct and verbal communication with customer and staff must remain professional at all times.Perform closing duties as assigned.
- Banquet Captain to oversee closing duties.
- Sign out on designated sheet as well as logging out on Jonas prior to changing uniform.
- Banquet Captain to authorized departure.
- We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, recruitment and selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Bartending: 1 year
Server: 1 year
Golf Course MaintenancePOSTING DATE: 13/08/2018
REPORTS TO: Golf Course Superintendent or Golf Course Assistant Superintendent
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Perform golf course maintenance duties as directed
- ***Must be available for work Monday to Friday as well as weekends. (For the Entire Golf Season UP UNTIL NOV)***
- Greeting customers
- Keep the maintenance facility in clean and neat condition
Key Areas Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the safe operation of common golf course maintenance equipment
- Ability to work independently
- Be reliable and dependable
- Good communication skills
- Have a positive attitude
- Experience and knowledge of golf course operation an asset
- Enthusiasm for golf an asset
*Please include your resume when applying.
golf course maintenance: 1 year
Back Shop Staff/CartsPOSTING DATE: 26/07/2018
Department: Golf Operations
Reports to: Golf Manager, Pro Shop Supervisor and Golf Coordinator
Overall Responsibility: Support the daily golf operation by assisting fellow staff members in all facets of our business. Acknowledge all golfers before and after their golf rounds.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Ensure the power and pull carts are in proper order.
- Always be aware of the condition of the power carts. Report any Discrepancies.
- Clean and wash the power carts. Ensure the bag straps are fastened when not in use.
- Check the parking lot and area around the facility for pull and power carts as often as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the spike cleaners and surrounding areas are clean.
- Responsible for ensuring the cart compound and outside areas of the building are clean and free of garbage/debris at all times.
- Assist pro shop staff on request.
- Welcome all golfers and help them navigate throughout the facility when asked.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Follow the Glen Cedars Health and Safety policy guidelines at all times.
- Show up on time for your scheduled shifts in full uniform.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER & RESUME TO SPENCER GRAY AT SGRAY@GOLFGLENCEDARS.COM